Why Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle is Important – Where do I start?
I’m writing this article to explain why maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important in our lives. I will try to explain some reasons why you should try to live a healthier lifestyle and look at goals like it is a marathon, but not a sprint. Why you should focus on changing your mindset.
Why you should start now instead of waiting for Monday, for next month or January to make a change. You just really have to want it and go for it. No matter what time of the year it is, when BBQ season is over, or how far away your holiday is.
You just have to focus on your mindset first. I know, it can be hard, but there are so many benefits of having a healthy lifestyle.
Where Do I Start?
Where do I start? That’s the question many people asking themselves. As long as you are ready mentally, it is time to take the actions. Depends on what your goals are, to lose weight, to gain muscle, or just to be healthier overall, you have to start with the small steps.
Don’t try to do everything at once, or change everything in your life in one day. That might be too overwhelming and that is a common mistake people do and often the reason they fail. I will cover the top mistakes people make later in this blog.
First, you have to look at your diet. Diet is 80% of your success. People tend to spend hours on the treadmill, thinking that it is the best way to lose weight, but it’s not true. Whether you want to lose or gain weight, diet is key to success.
Don’t try to change your eating habits in one day and throw away all the unhealthy food you have. First, try to have one healthy meal a day, or if you are already having one healthy meal a day, try to have two healthy meals a day, or try to cut on your overall sugar and saturated fat consumption.
Try to swap unhealthy products at home to healthier ones. Most important do not rush, introduce a new diet to your body slowly, do this so that you get used of your new eating habits and won’t return for old ways.
Most Common Mistakes Beginners are Making
1. Trying to change everything in one day. That’s the biggest mistake people are making. People trying to change all unhealthy food to healthy in one day, they start going to the gym every day and spend hours there. That is very often too much in a very short period and it is very hard mentally and physically. And people very often fail because of that.
2. Thinking that the gym is going to do the magic. When people want to lose or gain weight, they think that it is enough just going to the gym and results will come very quickly. But very often forget to watch the diet and keep eating whatever they want. And after a couple of weeks or a month can’t see any noticeable results, people usually give up and quit.
3. Thinking that supplements are going to do the trick. Very often beginners take lots of supplements and think that it will do the hard work for them. But again if they are not watching their diet or they are not being consistent with their training, supplementation will not help them at all and it will be just a waste of money.
Why is so Important to Start Right Now?
Waiting for January to start is one of the most common things people tend to do and at the same time is one of the biggest mistakes. Because it has to be a lifetime goal, not a new year resolution. Statistics say, that around 80% of people setting up their goal as new year resolution fail by the middle of February.
As the example, if you really want a new phone and you know that you can afford it, are you going to wait for a new year to buy it? The answer is NO. Exactly the same with starting living healthier. If you are 100% sure and committed that you want to change in for life, just go for it, you know that you want it and you will do it.
If it’s just a promise to someone, or just telling yourself that you will give it a try, it is most likely you are going to fail. Because that means you are not ready yet.
Benefits of a Healthy Lifestyle
There are so many benefits of living healthy, but I think the most important are these:
1. Feeling more energetic. Since I’ve started living healthy, watching my diet, exercise, I felt a huge difference in my energy levels. I need less sleep at night and I’m not feeling so tired after work. I feel like I can be more productive and do a lot more in the day compared to what I used to be like to when I was unhealthy.
2. Stress relief. People might not believe in that, while they haven’t experienced it yet, but exercise is such a great stress relief. If you are feeling sad or stressed, exercise will help to feel better and get rid of stress because while you exercise body releases endorphins, dopamine and serotonin. In other words, called happiness hormones.
3. Your overall physic and health. Once you’ll start seeing your first results, you would not want to stop. It will feel so good when you see how for a body is transforming and your energy levels are increasing, you will realize that it was worth all the hard work you have been putting in.
So why maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important? Because being overweight can lead to many health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, strokes, and even certain cancers. It can impact your sleep and life quality as well.
But it is very important to know that being underweight can cause health problems as well. Such as a weak immune system caused by lack of vitamins and nutrition, osteoporosis caused by lack of vitamin D and calcium.
We have to maintain a balance between being overweight and underweight to look good, feel good and have good health. Here at ihealthylifestyle I will help you to achieve your goals and be healthy. Next time I’ll be talking about the diet and how to lose weight.
If you ever need a hand or have any questions, feel free to leave them below and I will be more than happy to help you out.
All the best,
Founder of ihealthylifestyle